Monday, May 6, 2013

Imperfectly Pefect

I re-read one of my favorite talks of all time this morning and I decided that this Mother's Day week is a great time to share it with you.  Some women, both mothers and yet-to-be mothers don't like Mother's Day, in fact, they hate it.  I believe they hate it because it makes them feel less than perfect or makes them compare and feel inadequate, or resent that they aren't mothers yet.  I believe that Sister Holland is speaking to all of us old, young, mothers, singles...all of us as Women.  We are a great sex with so much to offer.  There are SO many distractions out there that take us away from or true potential and divine nature. 

Another part of her talk says the following:  "If I were Satan and wanted to destroy a society, i think I would stage a full-blown blitz on women.  I would keep them so distraught and distracted that they would never find the calming strength and serenity for which their sex has always been known."

My challenge to all of us, is to enjoy Mother's Day this week by celebrating our wonderful divine nature as Women.  We are ALL of us, daughters of a loving Father in Heaven.  We need to rejoice in that knowledge and rejoice in each other and all of our imperfections as we are all striving for perfection.  By the way, when it says "Be ye therefore perfect" in the Bible (Math. 5:48), Perfection really means Completion in the Greek Translation, and we can only be complete through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, so let's use it more and be incredible happy and complete.

I made these quotes for you to print out and put in your journals or quote book to always remember.





No comments:

Post a Comment