Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Planner Overview

I'm going to be going over each page in the monthly section of the planners today to give those who aren't familiar with it a good overview.

The planners are available now for PRE-ORDER.

I will show you a lot of sample pages in this post.  I printed these off from my computer so this is not my real handwriting and not necessarily my real schedules or goals, they are just mock-ups, so take everything you see with a grain of salt and don't assume I ever have it all together like it appears on these calendar pages, because i rarely ever, if ever, have it all together.  That's why I desperately rely on my planner to help me sort of maintain a sane life.  :)

Relationship Tracker:  


This page is found at the beginning of each monthly section. The whole purpose of this page is to help keep at the center of your focus or priorities, those people who matter most.  It really is all about relationships and how we are trying to improve them and strengthening them.  You can make them long or just a one word focus.  It's up to you.


intheleafytreetops.com


intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com

The Monthly Calendar:

I find that I have PLENTY of room to jot down the goings on in my family on this calendar spread.  I don't get too detailed with things because I usually do that on the weekly calendar, but my sister loves to use this spread as the main hubbub of her family scheduling.

intheleafytreetops.com

Here are some samples of how much you can fit on these pages.

intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com




intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com


intheleafytreetops.com


intheleafytreetops.com


The Weekly Spread:

This spread is so awesome, because it is so customizable.  You can categorize, organize and schedule exactly the way you would like.

intheleafytreetops.com



Here are a few examples:


intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com


MONTHLY TO-DO'S & BUDGET TRACKER:

This is such a great tool in the planner because it allows you to zone in on the particular 'to-do' lists that most of us have each month.  There is always somebody to pray for, something to read, a person to visit, a place to visit, a gift to give or somebody that needs a phone-call or a letter/email. This is the place to dump your brain and list your goals and the things you want to accomplish for the month.

The budget is small and simple but I added quite a few more lines so that you can customize it more to fit your needs.

intheleafytreetops.com

Here is an example.  I just made the numbers up on the budget section off the top of my head so don't take this example as a serious budget.

intheleafytreetops.com


intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com

This middle section has been tweaked a little and left blank for you to use as you would like.  I'm personally going to be using it as a project dump

intheleafytreetops.com

Here it is filled out side by side.  There really is so much space on this.





MENU/EXERCISE/WORK/WHATEVER YOU WANT SPREAD:

-This is new to the planner this year 2016-

This spread is so cool, because we can use it however we want.  This extra space can be used for menu planning, groceries, self-improvements, exercise, work scheduling, church calling, kids schedules, baby feedings and so much more.  The sky is the limit!


intheleafytreetops.com




FOR MORE IDEAS ON HOW TO USE THIS PARTICULAR SPREAD




All of the planners have these pages that I've already covered.  From here on out, I'll be covering the additional pages that are in the LDS versions of the planner, the Mothers who Know and the Know it, live it, love it planners.

Family Home Evening Spread:

This spread is really what makes this planner so different from the rest.  It allows to have ALL of our plans in one location which usually means we will use it more and see it and remember a lot more than we would having several different notebooks or planners.

intheleafytreetops.com

It really isn't too big or too hard to jot down a few ideas, conversations, discussions, lesson plans.  I don't feel overwhelmed at all because I have small and simple things written down to help me be a little better at parenting. I love it because I can keep track of who's turn it is to do what without any fighting.  The fighting and arguing is what inspired this spread in the first place.  It hasn't happened since because THE PLANNER KNOWS ALL!  Haha!  My kids reach for the planner when it's time for FHE and I have refereed to it time and time again just to remember what the heck we talked about last week.  MOM BRAIN for sure around here.






This spread has helped me stay on top of our goals and wants for our family.  When we talk about an idea, I write it down.  If I don't it somehow disappears into the abyss of all things forgotten.  Which, for me, is usually never retrieved again.

intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com

intheleafytreetops.com


Sunday Lessons/Inspiration Spread:

intheleafytreetops.com

I love having access to this spread.  I can see what my kids are learning, or if I'm a primary teacher, I can see the current topics.  Same with the Young Men and Young Women.  

intheleafytreetops.com

I use these pages to keep ideas and thoughts for my calling.  Also, I use it to jot down inspirations I get as I listen to the lessons or the speakers.  I love referring to these pages for ideas to discuss in FHE or in my meetings at church.




Behind these sections are blank lined pages for notes and such to use as we please.  I like to use them to record thoughts from my scripture studies or conference talks.  Sometimes, I have used them for journaling or doing a quick re-cap of the month.  There are 3 total each month.




 


As you can see, there is SO much space in this planner to dump our brains.  To form lists, to dedicate for goals and ideals.  I haven't even covered the front section of the planner or the back section called 'Home and Family' that is included in the LDS mom version as well as the Non-denominational mom planner.  I will save that for a different post, but if you want to look at a preview, you can click here.

The planners are now available for PRE-ORDER in the store.  Grab yours today.




















33 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love! Can't wait to purchase the PDF for 2016! Your planners are SOOO colorful! I love having the freedom to print my own because I hate scribblies! As you can imagine I reprint my planner pages A LOT. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Have you found a cheap way to print the .pdf version or do you print at home?

      Delete
    3. I used this company to print a planner earlier this year and they are super affordable and very reliable. they did a fantastic job and will definitely be using them again... http://www.bestvaluecopy.com/

      Delete
  3. LOVE the updates! One question, is the Know It, Live It, Love It planner the same as the Mormon Mom planner but with different words on the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first year I have had this planner. Thank you for showing me in more detail how to use my planner. I can see that I need to be more creative and think "outside of the box". I love having all of my responsibilities in one place. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a difference between the Mormon Mom Planner and the "Live it" planner? If so, what is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "Know It" planner does NOT include the "Home and Family" section at the back of the planner. But both are LDS themed.

      Delete
  6. How thick or thin is the paper it is printed on? Can you use with fine tip markers? Or would you recommend a certain type of pen/marker? I just learned today that this exists! I am putting it on my to buy list for next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pens for writing in my planner! Look for them on Amazon. They're smooth, come in good colors and don't soak through the page, which is the problem I was having with the fine tip sharpies. Good luck!

      Delete
  7. I am wondering the same thing as Jennifer posted concerning markers vs a pen on the pages. No one every wants things to show up on the opposite side of the paper. What works best? I got mine in the mail recently and can't wait to start using it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used the Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pens for a year now and love them! Look for them at Amazon. Just bought a second set because my 14 year old had taken over the first set. They're smooth and don't soak through the pages, plus the color choices are great. Start with a small set and expand from there if you like them. They come in a great plastic case too, which makes them even better! :)

      Delete
  8. What kind of pens do you use in your planner? I don't want them to bleed through to the other pages and I love the way yours looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pens are awesome for writing in the planner. The colors are great and they don't soak through the page, plus they come in a great plastic case that's great for transporting them--and it even stands up to make pen selection even easier. Love them! Look for them at Amazon.

      Delete
  9. Love my mom on the go planner. I was very excited to see the new pages for 2016. The wire rings hold up so good and makes for a good sturdy planner to take with me everywhere. I just wish the weekly planning pages had room for a bigger task list. Love the pages, and if I ever need to add pages to my planner, I just paste them in. I use paper mate ink joy pens for my planner. They have great colors and writes smooth on the pages without leaking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to the pdf for 2016- I just got a giggle on your weekly spread- carpool at 2:30 am? Oh dear!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you going to have a PDF - 2016 MORMON MOM PLANNER - 8.5" X 11" ???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wondering about the print at home version. Does it print so that one page equals two pages (like 4 pages to a piece of paper printing front and back) or does it print page per page?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do the purse size planners have a snap on them?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally love my Mormon Mom On The Go planner. It is simply amazing! My only wish is that you also did them in a A5 6-hole punched version or non-punched but one that we could purchase and have delivered. I don't have the ink for printing these. So, I purchased the planner, un-coiled it and put it in my Kikki K A5 binder. I really love it and will purchase them every year. Just wanted to suggest the option so as not to have to uncoil my planner to place it in my binder and have it already printed at least in the A5 size.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Requesting an example of how you use the children's pages! I'm not sure what to do with the bottom section labeled Self-esteem, friends, etc. Thanks for offering these planners. This is my fourth year and I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your planners! I even give them as gifts. Customer service usually answers my questions but I REALLY NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE QUICKLY! They nor you have replied to my emails for weeks. Maybe I am emailing the wrong email. I don't want to post my problem here but I don't know how else to reach you. Please email me at kishpaughpictures@gmail.com or call 4892894513. I need my correct plannar soon! I am pregnant and can't organize without it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for posting this! I've had mine for about a month now and am getting used to it. This post definitely helps me figure out what to do with all these extra pages! They are so helpful! Now I just need to remember to use it daily! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you offering the 2017 planner unbound to be punched into a different system again?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I ordered a planner on Aprill 11th, 2017 and I got an email saying it was shipped on April 13th, 2017 and I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE PLANNER YET! I have tried emailing you guys twice, messaging you on facebook, leaving a review (after you sent me another email asking me to review the product that I ordered that I NEVER GOT) and I have heard NOTHING back from you guys! When I check the tracking of the package it still says pre shipment! Something is wrong here and I am very sad about this! Please respond to SOMETHING!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I got this planner for the first time. I love so many things about it, except for 2. In the week pages, it looks too much like the whole month page and it can be confusing, also not enough space to write, Can you make the days horizontal instead?
    Second, I love the family home evening page, but it has no scripture section. We always share a scripture, so I crossed out talent and replace it for scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I ordered this years planner at the end of May. Tracking shows preshipment on June 6. Still no planner. Have emailed twice and no reply. I would not purchase from her, as I see 2 others in the comments with the same problem!

    ReplyDelete