Friday, April 4, 2014

Using Washi Tape & Scrapbook Paper to utilize your planner


This is a post to show you how to use fun elements like Washi Tape and Scrapbook paper to dress up your planner.  Washi tape is awesome because it's lightweight and you can remove it easily move it if you change your mind and it won't rip the paper.  I'm going to give you some examples below of different ways you can use paper scraps and tape.

intheleafytreetops.com


This simple scrapbook paper is hiding my budget.  I've also attached a ticket stub that I needed for a date night with my man.  My budget it still accessible as you see in the picture below.  I just lift it up and write updates or review when I need to.  If you don't budget at all, this is a great way to put what you want there so the space isn't wasted.  Get lightweight scrapbook paper and put what you want there.  It can be a list of some sort, some goals, etc.

intheleafytreetops.com

Peek-a-boo, there it is all tucked away and private.


 Here is an example of how I changed the "online info" page to something that I would use if I didn't want to have my info stored in my planner but didn't want to waste that precious space.  I just re-titled it and now it is it's own page made just for me to keep track of all the projects I have going around the house.  Yay!


Here is another example of how you can hide your info and make it cute and scrappy at the same time.  I just cut some different paper down to size and started covering it with my tape.

intheleafytreetops.com

Now it's more private...

intheleafytreetops.com


 Totally adorable!

intheleafytreetops.com

Here is a party planning page that I didn't quite use all of, so I added a few extra paper scraps and now I made room for another party or to use as extra notes.  Extra note space is always awesome, right?!  Wahoo!

intheleafytreetops.com

 Add Washi tape to remember or highlight dates in your planner, like birthdays, trips and anniversaries, etc.





 Here is another example of how I made more room where I needed it.  My St. Patrick's Day plans in March didn't need the full page, so I took some notes at our community caucus mtg, and PTA and made it a customizable page that fit my needs.  As the other page shows, it's great to divide pages up into sections or lists and draw lines around them to differentiate topics or events.  Use the tape to categorize them.

intheleafytreetops.com

Again, the paper scraps are so fun and cute and you gain so much writing space by using them all over.

intheleafytreetops.com

Block out large events to help them stand out using the tape, notice you can see my writing through the tape.  That's another great thing, you can write on top of the tape or use it as a highlighter depending on the color of your tape.


Here is my General Conference spread all decked out and ready for me to take some awesome and unique notes on.  I can write underneath the paper scraps as well.  SO much room and so much cuteness, it's hard to even bear.

intheleafytreetops.com



intheleafytreetops.com

I know that I will need to use the end of the month note pages as well for conference so I got those ready as well.


intheleafytreetops.com



LOVE

intheleafytreetops.com

I used fabric washi tape (love it) to divide this divider page in half to get multiple use out of it.  



You can add fun elements and cards, pictures, quotes, etc.





I layer my kid pages too.  I have a sticky list to keep track of their goals they set for the year and still have access to everything beneath it.

intheleafytreetops.com


And yet, another example of how I changed a page to suit my needs.  I only have 5 kids and there are 6 kid pages in the planner, so I used the last one for little ol' me.  I have needs and wants too, ;) so I'm mak'n it my own.  


So that is a little bit about my love affair with washi tape and scrapbook paper.  

Guess what's even better?  I made up some cute paper just for you to get started and just in time for general conference too.  

intheleafytreetops.com

Right click on the image and click "save as" or go to the store and download it there for free.

Print it out on "8-1/2 x 11" paper (Borderless for best results) and Wallah!  You're good to go.



mormonmomplanner.blogspot.com

Go ahead and share with your friends just in the nick of time and enjoy watching General Conference. 






7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I just love you! So many amazing ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love decorating my planners. I use and 'collect' various sizes and brands. I just ordered the Mom planner today..so excited to receive and start using this one. So glad there were still some left for 2014. And, guess what? I don't have kids. I mean, I do but not at home. I'm an empty nester. But I have 5 grandkids, hobbies, etc. and I will put to creative use the space designated for kids. Thanks for sharing these great ideas! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am already inlove with this planner! i ordered monday, and i couldn't wait to get it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I was looking for a few articles on uses of washi tape and I came across yours inspiring read. Great post!

    ReplyDelete