Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Member Missionary

I remember the day I received my name tag in the MTC just before Thanksgiving 1999.  It was such an honor for me to wear that missionary badge just over my heart and represent my Savior in all that I did and said.  I loved wearing it my whole mission and was careful not to do or say anything that would mis-represent the Lord. 

When they asked me to take my missionary name tag off when I was released 18 months later, I was hesitant to do so and didn't want to.  But soon after I realized that I could still be a missionary.  I could still represent my Savior at all times and in all things and in all places.  Though I fall short all too often of this task, I have a testimony in my heart and I know that the Lord is pleased when I live the gospel, when I share my testimony, when I let my light shine.  

I read this quote from Elder Andersen and fell in love with it, so of course I had to make it into a picture quote to hang on my wall.  Right click to download.  :)


Just for fun....

This was me on my bike in Taiwan serving as a full time missionary.  One of the best times of my life.  So many amazing memories and people there.


No comments:

Post a Comment